Durham Pallet Services offers 24 hour cross dock services
Cross-docking is a practice in logistics of unloading materials from an incoming trailers or rail cars and loading these materials directly into outbound trucks, trailers, or rail cars, with little or no storage in between. This may be done to change the type of conveyance, to sort material intended for different destinations, or to combine material from different origins into transport vehicles (or containers) with the same or similar destinations.
In the LTL trucking industry, cross-docking is done by moving cargo from one transport vehicle directly onto another, with minimal or no warehousing. In warehousing practice, cross-docking operations may utilize staging areas where inbound materials are sorted, consolidated, and stored until the outbound shipment is complete and ready to ship.
We at Durham pallet offer all types of these services at competitive rates
Advantages of using Durham Pallet for your cross docking needs:
- Streamlines the supply chain, from point of origin to point of sale
- Reduces labor costs through less inventory handling
- Reduces inventory holding costs by reducing storage times and potentially eliminating the need to retain safety stock
- Products reach the distributor, and consequently the customer, faster
- Reduces or eliminates warehousing costs
- May increase available retail sales space
- Less risk of inventory handling