2001: DPS opens its doors for the first time with a staff of 3 people in an 18,000sqf warehouse working with North America’s largest pallet provider.
2003: DPS expands to 23,000sqf.
2005: DPS expands again to 41,000sqf.
2006: With the help of Great West Life, DPS introduced extended health benefits for the staff members including medical and Dental.
2008: Keeping up with volume demands, a second shift was added to our production operation.
2010: Using the input from staff members, DPS overhauled its production layout creating a new workplace environment which focused on ergonomics and safety.
2015 - 2019: DPS has invested hundreds of thousands of dollars to date on sort and repair equipment such as a HSIL (high speed inspection line) for pallet sorting and repair tables with tool Balancers.
2016: DPS enters the digital world creating a social media platform including a website.
2017 - 2018 DPS decides to Invest in staff members by offering a magnitude of workplace safety and self-improvement courses.
2018: Keeping up with volume demands, a 3rd shift was added to our operation reaching us to 68 full time staff members.
2019: Durham Pallet adds new services such as on / off site Lumping service and Cross dock service
2022: Took over the world, one customer at a time.
Over the years, we grew from 3 employees in 2001 to over 60 staff members by the beginning of 2020 and we currently occupy over 42,000sqf of warehouse space.
Durham Pallet Services are committed to keeping our workplace safe and since 2014 we have been part of the WSPS Health & Safety Group.
Durham Pallet Services will provide its workforce with a safe environment that stimulates diversity, innovation, teamwork and continuous learning while at the same time rewarding individual and group performance.
In the summer of 2017, Durham Pallet bought and installed a wood compactor
- Averaging over 35,000 lbs of wood waste a week which is diverted from landfills and turned into renewable energy/biofuel for the town of Ajax
- Environmentally friendly
- Since 2001 Durham Pallet has used the largest corrugate recycler in Ontario to pick up and recycle our unwanted material
- Tons of corrugated sheets are picked up weekly for recycling
- Recycled corrugate is turned into the usable material we all use daily
- Environmentally friendly process
Reclaimed pallet wood:
- As part of our repair policies, staff members will reuse all materials they can to recondition a damaged pallet before using new pre-cut material
- Scrap pallets are tore down and all usable material are reused